Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, chesseroo, Mojo, Rebulx
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Learning about room acoustics #441373 02/22/2021 2:48 AM
by Kodiak
Kodiak
Hey All,

In anticipation of our move to a new house , I’ve started taking a deep dive into room acoustics.

I wish I had a better understanding of the features of this forum asi would’ve bookmarked a specific thread. I can’t recall whom,Trev maybe? But started a good thread as deep dive into room setup. Complete with pics and diagrams and a big ruler or something? Can someone point me in the direction of that thread? (And I will follow it then !)

Anyway, I’ve come across this guy :
https://www.acousticfields.com/

That’s his website but he’s got a ton of videos on YouTube. Seems like good stuff in terms of the info shared but I’m not convinced of his products or pedagogy to a point. A lot of what he says makes sense. Does anyone have experience with his videos or products?

Thanks everybody. I’ve been busy lately ,so only been able to kinda read all the current posts and threads but no time to really comment. Nice to see all the familiar names around!
Liked Replies
Re: Learning about room acoustics #441379 Feb 22nd a 10:26 AM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dennis Foley is not well regarded by acousticians. He does NOT practice what I would call proven and trusted methods.... Try Nyall Mellor or Anthony Grimani.

If you have a room of known dimensions post them here with windows and doors as well. Sketch is great. I routinely plan rooms with software renders for installs. It is not a “black art”. It is not magic at all.

The pile of University Textbooks here indicate it is entirely empiracal and methodical if you follow proven principles. Please DO NOT confuse what 2x6 or Reblux or anyone else says about your room as facts. Measurements are facts.

A real person in real life will need to measure your room in person if you are going to treat it. You can do it. I can walk you through it. 2x6’s pal likely reduced his RT60 below 0.2s. Bad news.

Anyone who has heard a properly treated room would not deny its overwhelming importance.
1 member likes this
Re: Learning about room acoustics #441403 Feb 23rd a 12:43 AM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dont buy anything before you try what you have first. Wait till its furnished and go from there.
1 member likes this
Re: Learning about room acoustics #441430 Feb 24th a 03:59 AM
by Rebulx
Rebulx
I'm not upset, actually excited you mentioned my name, like a dog wagging it's tail... is that weird? lol
1 member likes this
Re: Learning about room acoustics #441431 Feb 24th a 04:06 AM
by Kodiak
Kodiak
Rebulx, Rebulx, Rebulx,Rebulx, Rebulx

Sorry.

I couldn’t help myself.

Rebulx.

I’m chuckling now.

And no it’s not weird...... it’s dopamine. It’s what drives Facebook. We’re just chemically driven “ sacks of mostly water “. ( See what I did there trekkies?).

Rebulx.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044