Thread Like Summary
Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Dedicated Line for Amp? #442859 07/19/2021 2:39 PM
by Cork
Cork
I decided my body was too creaky to run speaker wires in my crawlspace and got an electrician in to run them. Seem wasteful to have him come over just for speaker wires so I asked him to put a separate line for the ADA1000. (I know that's small for most of you, but it's huge for me.) I left him alone and instead of the separate line he tapped into another line. Kind of annoyed, but he said it would be fine. So what do you guys think, is it worth having a separate line for an amp (and the pre-amp)?

While I'm typing, has anyone been able to get a hold of Axiom in the last week? I've not been able to get anyone on the phone at all. My LFR660 RMA hasn't gone through and it's been 12 calendar days since they received the last item. Not only would I really like to not have to shell out for the next credit card payment, but I'll admit I'm getting a little nervous. Does Canada take off in July?
Liked Replies
Re: Dedicated Line for Amp? #442876 Jul 20th a 09:02 AM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mojo is referencing the Turbo Encabulator.

Its a long running joke about jargon; using an imaginary technology to accomplish something great. Thing is, the end goal is imaginary too…. Lol. In our hobby, high end stuff is often marketed using buzzwords that are almost logical. The thing is, as Mojo cleverly mocked that industry, its all nonsense. laugh

Turbo Encabulator. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/Ac7G7xOG2Ag
1 member likes this
Re: Dedicated Line for Amp? #442907 Jul 23rd a 04:25 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
Originally Posted by michael_d
So technically - your home is single phase, even 240V circuits.
Well, guess you can look at it that way (maybe). I see it as 2 of 3 phases each giving 120V to neutral. If you take the difference between the 2 phases you get 240 ... but hey, I'm an engineer ... it's hard for me over simply stuff because although it gives an idea of what going on ... it's just not quite right.

This especially bugs my wife who just wants simple two second explanations. She gets really impatient if I give the two minute one, I think, because in most cases it's completely unintelligible to her.

For example ... I'd say one thing and she hears:

A base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving screws are in a direct line with the panametric phlam, so fitted to the ambifacient waneshaft that side fumbling is effectively prevented.

smile
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044