Thread Like Summary
Kodiak
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Fiddling Around #444179 12/08/2021 7:25 PM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
So, I'm not allowed to lift more than 10 lbs for a week, but luckily my friend carried the Line Magnetic LM845IA integrated upstairs. No mean task, about 80 lbs. Anyway, the Balanced Audio Technology VK56SE monoblocks are back in the main 2 channel system. The upstairs system is not too shabby.

I'm still setting things up but here are some pix:

Denon DP45f turntable
Left side cabinet: Line Magnetic LP33 phono stage, cable box, Sony CX777ES CD/SACD player.

Not done setting it up. I have to rummage for some 6' interconnects to hook up the LM phono stage and then will fire it up and report back. While rummaging, I'll be looking for a phono preamp for a fellow Axiom member.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Liked Replies
Re: Fiddling Around #444324 Dec 28th a 07:59 AM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
I've been working on a respondent's appellate brief, from early morning till late at night. But, a friend came over and we listened to the 845 system/Harbeth. Kind of Blue, the amazing Aaron Neville, Kenny Burrell ... holy smoke but it all sounds so good. It's a relatively small room and this system fills it with music.

I'll tell you what ... this beautiful second hand Denon DP45F turntable with its cheap moving magnet Shure M57ED cartridge sounds really great.

The Line Magnetic LM33 tube phonostage (upgraded with Telefunken 12ax7 tubes) compares very favorably with the expensive EAR88pb phonostage in the big system. The LM33 works with either moving magnet or moving coil cartridges. I have not tried the LM33 with the moving coil Koetsu cartridge in the big system. I am going to do a comparison down the road. It should be very interesting.

The Line Magnetic 845IA is breaking in and is one of the best tube amps I've heard. The drive and dynamics from 22 watts is amazing! The Harbeth 30.2 Anniversaries are 4 Ohm/~87db efficient speakers and not the easiest to drive, but the 845 just makes them sing. The bass is shockingly strong in-room, the 30.2 mids are up there with the best speakers in the world, and the highs are sweet, airy and soaring. High hats sparkle, just wonderful.

I know the pictures look familiar, but the music is different!

I wish this system would work in the living room with 25' ceilings. The stand mount Harbeths just are not enough for this room. I could have saved myself a boat load of money.

Happy Kwanza friends ... your holiday brought to you by the FBI and its informant felon.

Happy New Year, that's a real holiday. Peace, good health, no China Virus, prosperity and happiness to all.

PS ENJOY THE MUSIC!!
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,034 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup