Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Sonos Amps #444974 04/12/2022 4:18 PM
by kbferrie
kbferrie
I tried to search the forum but I had no luck. With SONOS having so much market share, it's hard to ignore them. I was about to purchase two SONOS fives but they don't integrate into the home theatre except as rears, and I really want my system to serve as a stereo too. It got me thinking, has anyone ever pushed the M5s or even the M80s with a SONOS Amp. This would allow me to build a system throughout the house with the sonos infrastructure, but use the speakers I'd really want to use. I was looking at the M5 but I bring up M80 because there is a system with 2 M80V2, 2 QS8V2, a VP150, and an EP350 for sale locally. Could SONOS amps handle this system? Another question, what would V2s be worth on the street right now? Or is the M5HP just a better choice new at this point?

Thanks for any insight into this. If I'm crazy for considering the SONOS architecture, let me know too. I have a Beam Gen 2 and it's "good enough" for casual TV.
Liked Replies
Re: Sonos Amps #445003 Apr 16th a 10:42 PM
by kbferrie
kbferrie
I will. I was looking for a system in my back living room, which has a Beam 2 connected. I have another family room connected to the kitchen with a fireplace (TV mounted over). I'm now almost convinced I'm going to go with a pair of M5 on wall above the fireplace with the Sonos Amp. This will be primarily for music, but when I watch TV I can take advantage of the phantom center channel to have good enough TV audio. Then I'll build out a movie system in the back room, likely with Sonos gear for movies. I really want decent sound in the kitchen, and this will provide that. I love the thought of the Sonos Amp because I can hide it way anywhere and just use my phone. It'll be awhile before I receive and install the gear but I'll let you know how it does.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441