Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Why did Axiom CHEEP OUT on the LFR1100 Active? #445756 06/15/2022 12:46 PM
by MMM
MMM
I am perplexed why Ian and Andrew decided to cut corners on the design of the LFR1100 Active DSP. There are two of these units now, one for each speaker, but they still could not be bothered to put a 12v trigger inside the box to have them turn on and off.

For that matter, as they do sell a specialized ADA1500 in my case amp that has each of the channels printed on the back of the amp so that you can easily hook the components up, it is not like they could have gone that extra but more for the $10,000+ investment to put proper triggers for everything.

You go onto Amazon and you can easily get a $10 relay board that not only provides the 12v trigger circuit but has a variable timer offset too, so that they could even have each amp power on and off with a different time to eliminate power rush to a single wall socket if you need to plug them all into the same line.

I was told by Ian for the original LFR that the DSP doesn't pull that much power that it doesn't make a difference. I would then ask why would then then go to the trouble of putting a power LED on the front of the cabinet, and a power/standby switch on the front too? clearly if the unit is expected to be on all the time, the power rocker switch on the back should be enough, and they could hide the power led inside the cabinet so it can't be seen all the time. Now when everything else is powered off, you get the glowing to green dots of light in your room mocking you that you can't automatically turn off the DSP.
Liked Replies
Re: Why did Axiom CHEEP OUT on the LFR1100 Active? #445816 Jun 20th a 06:00 PM
by Mojo
Mojo
The ADAs incorporate an RC soft-start circuit that limits linear power supply inrush current for 1 to 2 seconds.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441