Thread Like Summary
Kodiak
Original Post (Thread Starter)
QS10 or QS8 for my small space? Price Increase Ed #445911 07/28/2022 2:45 PM
by Eblack12
Eblack12
Hey all, I happen to notice yesterday that Axiom is going to be increasing their prices next month. I was planning on buying surrounds later this year, but I would imagine the price increase would cancel out any savings from a sale they might run later this year.

I am planning on buying QS10s, but wanted to get feedback if I should consider the QS8s instead due to the size of my space. The space my HT is in is 9'x10' with three sides walled in and the other side opens out into the rest of the basement. The TV and speakers (M5OWs and VP100OW) are mounted along the ten foot wall and the speakers are pointing towards the wall that is nine feet away.(meaning the speakers arent pointed towards the opening into the larger basement.) I was planning on hanging the speakers from the ceiling or I was going to build "stands" hanging down from the ceiling about 2 feet so they would mounted about 5' from the ground. Ceiling is 7ft tall.

The QS speakers would be about 5-6 ft. from the main listening position on each side, but its a sectional, so the one side of the couch will be closer to one of the surrounds. The speakers would be "pointed" towards the listening position. Essentially they would be closer than the M5s which are around 8ft from the listening position. With how close the speakers would be and how small the space is, would the QS8s make more sense here or should I just go with the QS10?

I dont think the M5s are too big for the space for reference. I love the way the M5s and VP100 work together.
Liked Replies
Re: QS10 or QS8 for my small space? Price Increase Ed #445938 Aug 1st a 11:12 PM
by Eblack12
Eblack12
Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing the finish. I really like the look of the whitewash maple I have. Im glad the Bstock ones were black as they will match the subwoofer, grills, avr, etc.. If they were any other color I probably would have spent the extra few hundred for the matching finish.

I will just be glad to be done shopping for speakers. Talk about analysis paralysis.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441