Thread Like Summary
2x6spds, Kodiak
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Dead Site #447750 01/26/2024 5:48 AM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
So, what is the consequence of squelching general audio discussions on this forum? A dead site. Interminable posts about progress of someone's home theater build, and, for the most part, problems with Axiom products ... clicking subwoofers, dead subwoofers, some, what are you listening to tonight, and the occasional and peculiar references to edged weapons and mankinis.

It's really very sad. Axiom products are excellent and should be discussed in the context of the universe of audio. Maybe that would open this forum up to people who are interested in audio.

Please, stop killing this site, it deserves better. A more welcoming response, a broader range of acceptable topics, and a bit more grace would help Axiom's reputation in the audio world.

I posted plaudits to the Canadian truckers some time ago, and was blocked by several of those who used to post here and received many vitriolic PMs.

I posted pictures and commentary on a variety of audio products, some Axiom and many from other manufacturers. The non-Axiom related posts were heavily criticized. The gist was, "this is an Axiom site, why are you posting about other audio products?"

Why limit discussions to Axiom products?

So, let a thousand flowers bloom.
Liked Replies
Re: Dead Site #447753 Jan 26th a 07:17 PM
by Hambrabi
Hambrabi
I agree, we need more politics in an audio forum. So let the proletariat rise up against the bourgeoisie and seize the means of production, man!

And I lead the rebellion by driving a sedan, not a truck. Living it up in 'Berta! smile
1 member likes this
Re: Dead Site #447756 Jan 26th a 10:00 PM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
There is no comparison, wood is better!

Yes, I took a break, felt unloved despite my passion for audio, and Axiom, but, I'm back and glad to hear from you.

I'd like to see this site live again!
1 member likes this
Re: Dead Site #447775 Feb 3rd a 05:36 PM
by michael_d
michael_d
I remember a few heated conversations on this site. I think I was involved with most of them..... Still here though, despite my obvious, opposing point of view on things non-A/V related with the majority that used to, or probably still do, visit this place. I'll just keep those to myself.

My father was ever so right when he told me to avoid talking politics and religion with strangers, and only with family you don't mind losing. That was fifty'ish years ago. There really is no room for polite disagreement these days. No point in going there.

There is a woodworking forum I participate in. They have a hard line - no politics or religious talk, period. Seems to work. The mods do not allow it, and for the most part, the conversations are friendly and helpful.

It is kinda sad to see the state of this place though. There were some enjoyable conversations too.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,184 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup