Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
1 registered (Kevin1), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,379 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,193 Topics
410,647 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17920
pmbuko 16349
SirQuack 13357
CV 11460
MarkSJohnson 11184
Meanwhile On Facebook
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#413154 - 07/01/15 02:12 PM Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? [Re: tomtuttle]
oakvillematt Offline
devotee

Loc: Oakville, Canada
Originally Posted By tomtuttle
I don't understand what you mean by "stream to a DLNA device direct from the NAS". So, what kind of device are you using? AKA what is actually hooked up to the pre-amp/receiver that you are controlling with DSAudio? I'm sorry for the dumb question, but I just don't get it.

I guess the easiest way is to show you a picture:

For the upstairs family room, i have a Pioneer SC1227. Downstairs in the rec room I have an apple TV box. Even my Panasonic Bluray player can be streamed to. Right now for my media room, my Marantz AV7005 is not hooked up, or that would be in the list too.

so for example, I could play to my apple TV downstairs a Cheep Trick song by simply selecting is from my web browser and click on the play. You can make up play lists, edit them, play multiple sources at once.

or for a different interface, here is the ipad version of the app

#413169 - 07/02/15 12:42 PM Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? [Re: oakvillematt]
Cork Offline
old hand

Loc: Pennsylvania, US
Matt is describing a "push"; that is, he's accessing his NAS and telling it to send a stream to a particular device.

I was explaining a "pull" (in my last post); which was telling my receiver to go get a stream from someplace (in my case a NAS).

I tried out the Yamaha app on a Google device and it worked fine - I used my cheapo tablet to control the Yamaha and select the NAS, then browse my music folders and select an artist/album. Basically it was just like using the receiver's remote, but without the TV. It wasn't fancy, no cover art or anything, but I had easy and readable access to the music.

#413170 - 07/02/15 01:03 PM Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? [Re: tomtuttle]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
You guys are great. I really appreciate you taking the time to educate me.

Matt, thank you for the pictures. It looks like the Synology solution really works well for you.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.