Axiom makes a ceiling bracket too. You can use it for vaulted ceilings.
I am aware of the FMB ceiling bracket. I am looking for something where I can have more clearance between QS8 and the ceiling than the approx. 2" the FMB leaves. To me the FMB's look a bit bulky, and not to mention $56 each. $112 vs. $10. I just saved a hundred bucks on speaker purchase. :o)
Today at the local home improvement center, I came up with something to try.
- Use a white metal outlet cover that has a 1/2" pipe threaded hole (like used on outdoor spot lights)
- I bought a 1/2" x 24" galvanized pipe, threaded on both ends. I will cut the pipe in half (or something less than 12"). Drill a 1/4" hole through pipe on non threaded end. A bolt will go through pipe into the insert on the QS8
- Paint pipe white
- Thread pipe into outlet cover.
- Outlet cover will mount to ceiling rafter with two hefty lag bolts. Speaker wire will run up inside pipe, through cover, through 1/4" hole in the sheet rock.
- I'll make my wife belly crawl through the attic to run the wire (my back will be out big time or something that day! ;o)
I can swivel the QS8's towards kitchen easily by just reaching up and rotating (unscrew) them a half turn by hand.
Simple easy and $10 for both speakers!
I'm open to other ideas, but feel this might be a good one.