Ack!! Made a mistake that cost me beer.
For Christmas, my brother replenished my beer & wine making supplies that I had loaned out and never had returned years ago. He even included a box of beer wort and wine. This weekend I went down to retrieve it in the basement and discovered the beer wart had been leaking.
My mistake, I believe was forgetting that my new house has in floor heating. Although the room wasn't particularly hot, it was sitting directly on a heat source and the plastic bag within the box expanded to the point it began leaking.
Very, very sad way to learn a lesson that should have been very obvious.
With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.