AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13359 Members
11 Forums
23077 Topics
408020 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17842
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11387
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8267 - 01/23/03 06:33 PM M2i or M3ti - what would be best for my space?
BobC Offline

Hi,
I'm trying to bring hi-fidelity to my small office - a 10' x 10' room. Becuase of the size, the speakers need to be wall mounted. I will be driving this with a 5 WPC McCormack MID (Micro Integrated Drive), a nice unit that requires efficient speakers. I'll be playing jazz (solely) at low to moderate volumes. Because of wall mounting, they will be a couple of inches or so from the wall.

Any suggestions?
Bob

#8268 - 01/26/03 02:38 PM Re: M2i or M3ti - what would be best for my space?
alan Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Toronto/New York/Dwight
Hi BobC,

Since you'll be driving speakers at low to moderate volumes, I'd suggest you get either the M3ti's or M22ti's, preferably the M22ti's because their sensitivity is 2 dB greater which, with your tiny amplifier, is significant. Either model has usable bass to 40 Hz (nothing below that). You can check out wall-mounting brackets at omnimount.com, vogelsusa.com or btech-usa.com.

By the way, about "requiring efficient speakers". No small ported or sealed hi-fi speakers are efficient. Only horn-loaded Klipschs, Tannoys and the like have high sensitivity but the trade-off is inaccurate colored sound and aggressive treble. However, as long as you are not trying for concert-hall levels, you should be ok, and tube gear tends to gradually "clip" with more tolerable distortion.

Regards,

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.