The DIY refurb complete for now and the results are great. The scratchyness on all dials and master volume are gone.

Noise floor is gone. Sound is clean and open with good separation. It used to sound like blare soup in comparrison.

Great project that is relatively inexpensive if you have old gear. Made a big difference for me. Fun too.

I used Deoxit D5 first then Deoxit Gold after. Each with 24hr inbetween applications to let dry out before powering on. I used a lot I guess. Some boards were soaked by the time I was done.... but that probably did good things anyway. Looks like new inside and out. Highly recommended.