AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, exlabdriver), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22995 Topics
406727 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11321
MarkSJohnson 11006
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Incidentally, i have been looking at the stone sealants and some are based on alkylalkoxysilanes (carbon-silicon compounds). This type of research actually supports the concept of sealants as beneficial in reducing liquid penetration on a stone surfa
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: nickbuol Both are great products. My parents have granite, my in-laws have granite, heck, we would probably go granite if given the choice, but we would have to be a little more diligent with letting the cleaner soak in long en
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/27/15 08:30 PM

In the realm of audio, and the construction of an altar to exalt that audio experience, the price is not the cost of doing immersive, but not doing it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by spiffnme @ 01/27/15 08:10 PM

I may just have to suck it up then. This might be too beautiful to say no to. http://shophouseofhardwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/custom-hardwood-tabletops.jpg
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/27/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken.CNamely, don't ask Nick for advice on how to spend money! Yup. Atmos (and Auro, and DTS:X) are all things that can easily run a few thousand dollars ON TOP of a nice 5.1 or 7.1 setup right now. The prices will go down
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/27/15 07:48 PM

doh!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by Ken.C @ 01/27/15 07:39 PM

I am completely unsurprised by that price. A 12' long 2x12 of cheapo pine will run you north of $50. More exotic woods... well, they're much more expensive than pine even in easier sizes like 1x4s!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Ken.C @ 01/27/15 07:35 PM

Namely, don't ask Nick for advice on how to spend money!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/27/15 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolYou don't give up wall surround and replace them with ceiling ones. You take a regular 5.1 or 7.1 setup (you talked about going 7.1) and then ADDING 2-4 additional speakers to the ceiling. Thus the 7.1.4 I mentioned bef
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by spiffnme @ 01/27/15 06:49 PM

hehehehe...just called the place. That online price was wrong. I've got two quotes now, both are north of $900 for a piece of lumber like that in walnut (didn't get price for mahogany, but it's likely similar). I thought $600 was too high! WTF!?
The Water Cooler
How to seal your granite counter top: Of course they use a product that they sell and then later on their own website talk about how today's modern sealers last 10-15 YEARS with just one application. (The "they" that I am talking a
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/27/15 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawAmazon.ca has a receiver for $1800. Amazon.com has one for $1600. Which models? I didn't know that there was anything out there that could drive 11 channels (powered) for a 7.1.4 setup. I know that there are some that
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/27/15 05:54 PM

You don't give up wall surround and replace them with ceiling ones. You take a regular 5.1 or 7.1 setup (you talked about going 7.1) and then ADDING 2-4 additional speakers to the ceiling. Thus the 7.1.4 I mentioned before. You have 11 speakers and
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by Lampshade @ 01/27/15 05:52 PM

This was a serious storm. Very windy. Luckily, the drifts were kind to me and the snow is of the light and fluffy variety. I took it slow and easy. The roads are still closed here in eastern Massachusetts. We have had many worse storms then this one,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by exlabdriver @ 01/27/15 05:46 PM

I lived in Gander , Nfld for 3 years, & although I heard some weird stuff there, 'oot' doesn't stand out in my memory. Some of it might come from certain accents from the British Isles though... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts 12' desk by spiffnme @ 01/27/15 05:32 PM

So I think I'm finally getting my garage converted. We'll be moving our computers in there so we'll need a desk. The best solution I can think of is a 12' long shelf/desktop along one wall. I've found a guy on Etsy that can make some very nice hea
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by chesseroo @ 01/27/15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverAfter living in The Great White North for 6 1/2 decades, I've never heard any Canuck ever pronounce 'oot' for 'out' or 'about'. It is curious where that comes from. Hang out on the east coast, especially NFld. It i
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: BobKayChess; C'mon, You're THE science guy!!! Well i'm A science guy. Quote:Do you know where the stone comes from? Nope. I would have to ask each and every company i might consider. I do suspect we have local granite quarries
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by BobKay @ 01/27/15 05:18 PM

Good so far. Snow blower running, no stroke (well, for me, the snow blower has some).
The Water Cooler
Chess; C'mon, You're THE science guy!!! Do you know where the stone comes from? In the US, most countertop stone comes from Brazil. Even "Vermont" soapstone, which hasn't existed in Vermont for a very long time, comes from Brazil. You kn
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by fredk @ 01/27/15 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriver... Good luck with dealing with your blizzard. After experiencing many of them from one end of our country to the other (especially in The Maritimes), I've found that it builds character... TAM And huge snow drif
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by exlabdriver @ 01/27/15 04:04 PM

After living in The Great White North for 6 1/2 decades, I've never heard any Canuck ever pronounce 'oot' for 'out' or 'about'. It is curious where that comes from. I have heard numerous tines in the SE US, in response to 'Thank you' - 'Uh Huh' (&q
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by real80sman @ 01/27/15 03:59 PM

Thermal suit at 13 deg F?!?!? That's beach weather! We've had minus 23 deg F this year. (-31C)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by Ken.C @ 01/27/15 03:27 PM

Take care, all y'all. I don't know how you deal with all that mess. Give me 4 inches of snow and I'm miserable.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by MarkSJohnson @ 01/27/15 03:25 PM

I ran the snowblower over the deeper / heavier stuff around 10am so as to not get too far behind the curve. I'm not union though, so I used my birthday suit instead. Also washed since the last time I used it.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.