AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
4 registered (bridgman, Scottinwa, J. B., Ajax), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13303 Members
11 Forums
22841 Topics
403584 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13321
CV 11159
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ajax @ 22 minutes 7 seconds ago

WOW!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Anyone going to CEDIA 2014? by nickbuol @ 48 minutes 33 seconds ago

I am going for 1 day (Thursday, September 11) this year since I am already going to be in Denver. I have never been to it before, but got a coupon code for free admission (saved $60 right there), and since the dates lined up, I am in. Bryston will
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: JBL 4311,4312,L100,etc. by Scottinwa @ 58 minutes 42 seconds ago

Example: this is the crossover from the l100t. Note the small value mylar bypass caps. Swapping all the caps out for metal poly will REALLY wake these speakers up. http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7259/n100t.jpg Sibilance has nothing to do w
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by pmbuko @ Today at 03:46 PM

Here's one for the LSD fans. (Lake Street Dive, y'all...). Up close and personal, single-take video of Rachael Price singing "What I'm Doing Here" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUeothSPyc Amazing.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by Scottinwa @ Today at 01:23 PM

I too found Sibilance due to the following: - Source material - Poor electronics (amp, preamp and or digital source. Never got sibilance from vinyl unless it was on the recording. - Crossover. Crossover? Yes. Midfi speakers (not axiom) use el
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: JBL 4311,4312,L100,etc. by Scottinwa @ Today at 12:59 PM

I was never impressed by the HPM except for sweet-ish treble. Ok sounding midfi. Overrated "vintage" speaker. I have owned the JBL 4312A (bad imaging, bass rolloff at 60hz) L80t and L100t. L100t/L80t The strong points: The aquaplas m
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Scottinwa @ Today at 12:46 PM

Noah was rubbish. I don't mean that from any Biblical accuracy standpoint. Rock monsters out of "neverending story" or "star trek V". BORING. Stupid. Noah was a tool etc. My GF, sister and I hated it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ Today at 11:58 AM

Noah... I actually watched it twice because I fell asleep the first time around, about halfway through. It's hard not to grade it somewhat on the accuracy of the story. I knew it was not going to go along with the bible account, but what happened in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by brwsaw @ Today at 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: CatBratNoah. So much potential, so little value. We watched it on Saturday night and both liked it more than we thought we would. Gotta love Redbox, $2 a night here.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ Today at 10:26 AM

Noah. So much potential, so little value.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by CatBrat @ Today at 10:12 AM

Glad to see that you are liking it. Recently moved from an EP350 v3 to an EP500 v4 and I am very pleased with the results. For me it was a good upgrade. Anyone with an older EP350 or under, I would highly recommend that you went through the trade-up
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by Listener @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Chirp Chirp...
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Oppo Region mod options? by Socketman @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Go to www.dvdfab.com and check, I think they have a free trial of dvdfab 8qt. It takes a little fussing around but the program is pretty straight forward. I will be honest, I have never ripped an out of region disc before but I do all my dvd's and BD
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

EGAD!!! The "interior scheme clash". I am sick of black, and red. I am leaning on "Russian maple" with light tan grill.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by bridgman @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Yep, I've gone through a few rounds of "bookshelf + sub" for music listening and never quite seem to be happy with them - I keep coming back to full range speakers. Downside is that the M60s from my HT system are now sitting down in the liv
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Oppo Region mod options? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Hmmmmm... I may have to consider this. I do not have a BR disk drive in my PC. I do have an extra drive bay though. I am a computer idiot. What do I need to buy?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Bottom line: I was never one for minimonitors+ sub as my main system. I felt that the monitors didn't "make enough noise" or communicate the power (especially percussion) like a well done floorstander. It makes sense to me to have main
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Oppo Region mod options? by Socketman @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

With DVDFAb you can do a direct 1>1 copy while removing the region limitation. Copying a BD movie using an X264 encoder will produce a movie that is almost indistinguishable from the original. Having all my movies on the computer and scrolling thr
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

The HP option was something I first discovered when looking at the M60 model. It seemed 100% logical based on the DIY I have done. I like that AXIOM like some other makers, uses multiple small drivers to make bass. If you see most speakers at $1,0
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by bridgman @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

I see from your avatar that you've made a decision about the woofers
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

I used to drive up to Montreal when it was still "Miles" and "Miles per hour" The loop reference reminded me of the TRS-80 model III I started on.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by bridgman @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

OK, sounds like distance from the wall won't be a problem. I'm running out of things to consider. AFAIK most Canadians my age use feet, pounds, miles and... liters. Go figure.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

My listening room is about 30' by 20' (Ok...oops that's 9.144M by 6.096 meters in the Canadian language ) My Infinity reference never got closer than 28" (or .7112 m) to the back wall and I am just over 6' or 2m back for listening. I hav
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by bridgman @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Hah... I was going to put line numbers in my code too but decided against it. One other checklist thing to consider... The big Axioms need to be a fair distance from the back wall if you want the flattest bass response. My M60s need at least 18&quo
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dipping toes into the Axiom waters with M80v4HP by Scottinwa @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

That sounds about right. There is no way I'd omit the HP woofers. Not even a second thought there. I'm not a tall guy...but... I just read that the M-100's have a few benefits over the m80 in terms of clarity, imaging, power and bass. I think
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.