AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
6 registered (Boomzilla, exlabdriver, Ken.C, Tico, tomtuttle, JohnK), 106 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13294 Members
11 Forums
22822 Topics
403174 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17739
pmbuko 16257
SirQuack 13318
CV 11136
MarkSJohnson 10829
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Friday the 13th . . . oooooh! Who's your favorite Slasher flick character?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by CatBrat @ Today at 05:35 PM

Sometimes my cat thinks there's an annoying hum coming from me when I'm busy doing something.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by oakvillematt @ Today at 04:39 PM

I have an Anthem MCA5, so there are 5 channels inside the one unit. I have tried 3 different pairs of RCA cables just to make sure that it isn't the cable itself that is causing the humm. The LFR1100 speakers are connected to the front and surrou
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by bridgman @ Today at 04:28 PM

OK, I added axiomaudio.com to my trusted site list and now the login seems to hold. Posting from Windows for the first time in... well, a long time. I had to turn off the "require https on all sites in this zone" option (IE wouldn't add ht
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by Socketman @ Today at 03:47 PM

I was having a similar problem to Bridgman, I would log in and then go into a thread and be logged out then I would have to log in a gain. I messed with the privacy settings to allow all cookies. MMMMMMMMM cookies
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Today at 01:28 PM

I guess I meet the "at least 4" thick" criteria for sure It's not in the picture, but there's also a 4" thick panel mounted vertically on the left edge of the wall, with a 4" air gap behind it so essentially all of the non-
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by nickbuol @ Today at 12:59 PM

Bass traps in corners should be at least 4" thick and "straddle" the corner to give a good air gap, or be something that completely fills the corner from floor to ceiling. I went for the latter, because mine are hidden, but a nice f
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by bridgman @ Today at 11:55 AM

I've had this problem for years with a variety of Windows systems, presumably IE related but experienced on Win7 as well. Basically same symptoms -- every time I select a thread (possibly a forum too) I get logged out. In my case my work focus shift
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ Today at 11:43 AM

Any one else have any problem logging into the forums here using Windows 8.1? I couldn't do it yesterday. Haven't started trying different things yet. It would keep taking me back to the Log in screen, without displaying any sort of message first. I
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by Andrew @ Today at 09:25 AM

Hi Matt, Can you describe exactly what your system consists of and how you have it hooked up to the LFRs/DSP? From what you are saying it sounds as if there is a ground loop issue in the connection of the DSP to your amplifier(s). The DSP box itself
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by Socketman @ Today at 12:31 AM

You could build your own m22's if your handy. I built myself a set of bookshelves using Axiom drivers and they sound great. I call them M16's.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by Captain4105 @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Socketman: I sold used and new cars when in graduate school and I'd say your analogy is accurate. Also I do want to reduce the footprint but not for the cost I've calculated. As an alternative I researched HSU subs and am now looking at SVS. The
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Need advise on how/where to sell speakers by Captain4105 @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

I've bought and sold on eBay for years and think it is a great site. I have confidence in them. Even Axiom sells retail speaker systems there.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Socketman @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Bass waves are super long and they do some crazy things. The waves come back on themselves and can cancel each other. I am just beginning to study all this on the internet and using software to analyze the room so I know ( hopefully ) what is happeni
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgman... especially considering they use them same drivers as M3's ... For clarity, my use of "them" in this sentence was a typo, not an attempt to sound folksy. Originally Posted By: bridgmanWalked around looking
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by Socketman @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttlePump-air-powered shotgun that shoots salt at insects. Great sound effects. http://youtu.be/LYAAy8Q_smU Thanks tom. I haven't laughed like that in quite a while.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by Socketman @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

I drop kick test all my parcels prior to shipping. Like you say, you don't know what some whiny baby is going to do to your parcel. Best to let the guy that built it figure it out, since you have done all you can on your end. I will share a little
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

You need a big trap if you want to catch big bass : I tried putting double thickness (2 x 3.5") Safe 'n Sound across the main corners but didn't hear much difference. Walked around looking for where the bass was without the traps (just checke
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Implication from wearing a "Canada" shirt.... Linky.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

Pump-air-powered shotgun that shoots salt at insects. Great sound effects. http://youtu.be/LYAAy8Q_smU
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Need advise on how/where to sell speakers by pablo @ Yesterday at 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattI'd take a look at www.usaudiomart.com/ there is a major following there and they have a dedicated buy and sell section Cool. I'll look at that too.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by pmbuko @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Murpht became a very surreal experience, I have to say. ...and that's the last time I took acid.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

spoke with Brent and I am shipping back the DSP for them to take a closer look at. It is really weird. But I am not worrying as Axiom is top notch on their support side of things and I am sure that they will figure out what is going wrong. They
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

I would call Axiom. It's always possible that something was jarred during shipping!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by bridgman @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

OK, that's very clear. And very weird. The part I really don't get is that it hums both with and without the power cord. It's easy to come up with explanations for one or the other but not both.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

The hum is there when the DSP is connected to the Amp. It does not matter if it is turned on or off. Even unplugged with not power cord attached to the back of the unit, and completely disconnected from the pre-amp. I still get the humm. I did no
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.