AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
3 registered (Socketman, Spoiler, MarkSJohnson), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13350 Members
11 Forums
22999 Topics
406788 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13352
CV 11326
MarkSJohnson 11009
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Superb Owl! by Socketman @ 11 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverNo vote here. I'm not a fan of any professional sports anymore, including NASCAR that I followed for religiously for 30+ years. The ridiculous salaries & the notion of winning at any cost soured it all for me.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by Socketman @ 26 minutes 3 seconds ago

Just an fyi , I put those rubber things on the bottom of my M2's as well. I have my home made M16's on shelves bolted to the wall and use the little rubber balls on them too.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by rprice54 @ 47 minutes 18 seconds ago

I've been super happy with mine. I have a 7.2.4 setup with on-wall M3s and in-ceiling M3s, driven by a Marantz 7009. I actually hooked just two up and sat in between them and listened to some music in stereo. They image very well without any angling.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 58 minutes 45 seconds ago

I find that the draft from the can is not as good as from the keg in a pub... TAM
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: AdrianMy vote is for Granite. You just can't match the look of it with the manufactured stuff although they're getting better(at more $$). On a more important note, I also got a couple of Guiness glasses for Christmas!! trouble
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Superb Owl! by michael_d @ Today at 01:38 PM

If only Dallas were in it too, then my three least favorite teams would be playing....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by nickbuol @ Today at 01:32 PM

From a speaker output perspective, the in-ceiling M3s are enough "full range" to work very well. The current question out there is if they have a wide enough dispersion to fill a wide area of sound and not "spotlight" sound strai
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Superb Owl! by nickbuol @ Today at 01:27 PM

Honestly, I don't care for either team. I don't follow pro sports much anyway, but when it got down to the last 4 teams, I went for the underdogs - the Colts. Why? Well, the Patriots are in the Super Bowl too much, Seattle was just there last year
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by Serenity_Now @ Today at 12:55 PM

I broke down (because I'm ridiculous) and put spikes on the bottom of the stands. I had them left over from some subs I sold long ago and forgot all about. If you're like me you have a box of random cables, cords, and speakers spikes in this case.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Superb Owl! by exlabdriver @ Today at 12:49 PM

No vote here. I'm not a fan of any professional sports anymore, including NASCAR that I followed for religiously for 30+ years. The ridiculous salaries & the notion of winning at any cost soured it all for me. I'm just happy that this is going
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Serenity_Now @ Today at 12:27 PM

If you decide to treat your room you will be amazed just how much "stuff" is in a great movie soundtrack. I really like your setup by the way. The first 20 minutes or so of Master and Commander is my favourite demo to show off what a good
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Superb Owl! by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 12:18 PM

Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by msjpearson @ Today at 12:10 PM

Anyone else with these installed in an Atmos system? Looking to read some more reviews as the product page only shows reviews of the base M3 model.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Kef Speakers? by Adrian @ Today at 11:06 AM

Wondering if anyone has been able to compare any of Kef's Q or R series speakers to Axioms and what your thoughts were. I'm not really looking for any more speakers at the moment but may be able to pick up some Kef speakers at a substancial savings(c
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by CV @ Today at 04:30 AM

Emmy the Great - S EP Great stuff. I can't wait for another full album.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 04:29 AM

I watched the storming of the compound in Zero Dark Thirty again because of my impressions of the audio from before. It still sounds amazing. I need to start compiling a list of demo scenes from my personal collection of Blu-rays for when people com
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by FrankeeD @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Louis Verne Organ Symphony No. 6 played by Jeremy Filsell on the Cavaille-Coll Organ at St Ouen. If you're into organ music and have never heard any Vierne, you're in for a treat. You might want to give it a listen on iTunes before you buy, though.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Birthday would be better.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: M80v3 and M80v4 Specs by SirQuack @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Here is the graph of my m80's which are V2 I believe if this helps.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Yesterday at 03:50 AM

The Punk Singer I love Kathleen Hanna, and she deserves to have this documentary about her. If you want to see what badass looks like, check it out. It's on Netflix. I'm still not that familiar with her Bikini Kill work, having only one or two albu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CV @ Yesterday at 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowDuct seal is much cheaper than the official putty pads you can buy. I cant see how it would be any less effective. $2.75 a brick and I used 8 in total. 34 boxes... My fingers are sore. For those buying get the ga
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/30/15 03:38 PM

The duct putty is so worth it though over the putty pads for the price. Your fingers needed a good workout.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/30/15 02:39 PM

Got bored while doors are drying between silicone and filler coats. Skimming back through Nick's thread I remembered to apply sealant to the device boxes around the room. Duct seal is much cheaper than the official putty pads you can buy. I cant s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by MarkSJohnson @ 01/30/15 01:03 PM

I'm the roundie bit guy, not the beer glass guy. That's Tom your thinking of.
The Water Cooler
My vote is for Granite. You just can't match the look of it with the manufactured stuff although they're getting better(at more $$). On a more important note, I also got a couple of Guiness glasses for Christmas!! trouble is, since I got them, I've
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.