Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
4 registered (nickbuol, J. B., wschwartz, MarkSJohnson), 120 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12775 Members
11 Forums
22691 Topics
400638 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17697
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11064
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by Murph @ Today at 08:07 AM

I was going to chime and say that I'm on several web boards but this is the only one that I can say that I made real friends on. Mark is absolutely one of them. However, then I realized that the call out for people to respond came from Bob (also on
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by MichaelTrottar @ Today at 02:34 AM

I haven't observed you discuss Regina in several weeks while Mark's 'ahem' "enthusiasm" for Rachael Cost has put him directly in the cause.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Most awesome mimic bird. by fredk @ Today at 12:31 AM

Well, its mostly true. If we feed crack spider to chainsaw bird what do we end up with?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

My wife suffers from some high frequency hearing loss and a constant ringing in her ears. She has always had issues with dialog intelligibility. I went from the VP150 to the VP180 and it was better, but the biggest improvement came when I added aco
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Best concert dvd's by Strider53 @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Couple of my favorites Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live The Corrs - Live in London /Jeff
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by JohnK @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

Lance, another welcome to Axiom. You've already gotten some good suggestions here, but depending on the extent of your hearing damage, none of the adjustments that we suggest may be enough. I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but I've done quit
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by michael_d @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Well of course. ... waiting for some different walnut samples to choose a stain color.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Power Requirements for EP500 V3 by casey01 @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: dakkonI have 2 EP600'S, 5 channels of krell class A power that doubles down to 4ohm @500w, and 2 channels that double down to 2ohm @1200w. All of this is on a single 15A breaker.. The HT has never tripper the breaker. The real
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Ha! Custom finish?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Maybe he was "coming out" Bob. But, yeah, count me in. I've actually got quite a bit of experience pretending to like Mark.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by michael_d @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

I just ordered two 500's, along with some M80's and a VP160.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Enter Password Here: by Ray3 @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleI'm interested in this topic, too. Thinking about paying for LastPass, since I often use my phone and/or iPad in addition to PC. I'm not sure I'm quite geeky enough to use Chris' method. A hearty recommendation for
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

I believe that Ian is having too much fun playing with his anechoic chamber than to be overly worried about where individual units should be listed, ha! TAM
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Best concert dvd's by SBrown @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

Here are some of my favorites: Led Zeppelin- Celebration Day Supertramp- Live in Paris'79 Roger Hodgson- Take the Long Way Home Bachman & Turner- LiVe At The Roseland Ballroom,NYC Jethro Tull- Live at Montreux Eagles- Farewell 1 Tour
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Ditto here. I have both the M22s & VP160 AVR Xovers at 60 Hz... TAM
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by JBG @ Yesterday at 06:27 PM

Got a 500 v4 coming also but the only comparison I can do is with my ksw-15.. so it's either WOW or disappointment
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by SBrown @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Looks like that will be up to you, Brian. Good to see that you held off until the V4s.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by BobKay @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Spence, Lance, Philippe, Tom? I've been to his house a couple of times. He's really not that bad. Whaddya say?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by BobKay @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonOriginally Posted By: BobKay One needs friends. I'm out. That is so not true. I'll act as your surrogate friend anytime. Anyone else on board Mark's surrogate list? C'mon, people!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by Lance_H @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Yeah, done most if not all that; however, I do have a call in to my hearing aid Doc. The new blutooth hearing aids that will work so famously with the new receiver will cost me as much as the whole sound system. Yee haw! Thanks everyone.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone looking to buy a pair of FMS16s w/balls? by SpenceJT2003 @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Sorry - mod please feel free to kill this thread.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

BTW, Tom: ::fistbump::
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

+1 to what Tom said. Also, see if your receiver allows for EQing channels separately. You might want to bump up the 2kHz to 8kHz range. Use some caution with bumping it up too much, though. You can add a lot to the load of the tweeters if you bum
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

+1 to what Mark said. Also, try playing with the (seemingly endless number of) surround/processing modes available. Likewise, try both using AND disabling whatever room correction you have available (MCACC, YPAO, Audyssey, etc.).
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.