AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (jmone), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22995 Topics
406708 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11317
MarkSJohnson 11005
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Massachusetts is closed by brwsaw @ Today at 12:32 AM

Forgive me for saying it but the extra snow the U.S. has seen in the last few years didn't fall here, we've had 3 mild winters in a row. It still drops to ~ -45c now and again but the big week long dumps have pretty much stopped. Please keep it, tag
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: CVOriginally Posted By: brwsawI missed it....how wide is the room? And.... How far off the back wall are your towers? Slightly over 18' wide. There are 23" between the wall and the very back corner of the speaker. Than
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by brwsaw @ Today at 12:16 AM

I'd consider laminating and staining my own before spending that much on a slab. It does look nice but so does the wad of $50's is robbing from you.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Today at 12:12 AM

I was looking at entry level 5.1.4 Atmos units. Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2-Ch Dolby Atmos Ready Network A/V Receiver w/ HDMI 2.0 Same receiver, $200 more in Canada. I assume the outputs are assignable to in ceiling positions. There are cheaper 5.1.2 uni
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

A good torture test of staining is 'pickled beet juice' or any berry juice. We've had both on the quartz for some period & they have never left a mark. One day I saw a sizeable dry blue mark & determined that it came from the dye of a blue
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by BobKay @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: LampshadeGood one, Michael. I tried this one on while Christmas shopping last month. Macy's had it on sale for close to $300. First Titanium watch I have tried. I was astonished. I already have a black faced Citizen with oran
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade? by butcherbme @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

That's a large area open to many other rooms, much like mine. I tried an EP500 and wasn't content. I would have need two. I didn't want two so I got a JL Audio f113. That does the job. I see that Axiom has larger subs now so there are options with Ax
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts (resolved) Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by Adelin @ Yesterday at 02:31 AM

I finally found a not that expensive path : Rca audio switch: 4 rca input to one rca output for consummer audio. price range : 9 to 40 euro. Active direct box: start price: 33 euros Monitor volume control : start price 28 euros can be replaced by
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Best concert dvd's by butcherbme @ 01/26/15 07:29 PM

Blueray The Band The Last Waltz THE DUKES OF SEPTEMBER (DONALD FAGEN, MICHAEL MCDONALD, BOZ SCAGGS)
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 01/26/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LampshadePowderfinger-Neal Young. I am obsessed with this song. Awesome song from an amazing album!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by CV @ 01/26/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: spiffnmeTo keep this semi on topic...when phase 3 does happen, it'll be with an UHD projector! I'd I'll finally get another pair of M60's! Hurry up! I was wanting a projector for a long time, but I think I'll be sticking with
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by brwsaw @ 01/24/15 04:44 PM

I wonder what the foam roll material would do on a wall or hung from the ceiling.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Latest on the EP400 updates? by CV @ 01/24/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattWhat do you mean by rest of our speakers? are you talking about subs or speakers like the M80? I am wondering if you could give us an idea as to what dimensions you are envisioning and if they will still give that
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: M600 v2 will not power on, what are my options by SirQuack @ 01/22/15 07:51 PM

Axiom does not have many of the older parts available anymore or the older amps. My 600v2 amp went bad about a year ago, and they worked out a good deal for me on a newer replacement amp. I sent mine in for repair and unfortunately they were unable
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Subwoofers: Survey and Next Generation by butcherbme @ 01/22/15 07:17 PM

I tried an EP 500, my room is large and open to other rooms so it wasn't able to fill the space I had and I didn't want to have two of them so I got the JL audio f113. It does a very nice job for movies and with music.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Trade-up Made Easier by BBIBH @ 01/22/15 05:21 PM

Great Chris, I would not have imagined Axiom being any less supportive.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: OTA box for projector? by Ascension @ 01/22/15 01:52 PM

It might have an audio out, but I have my sources going through my receiver then to the projector. Unfortunately I don't have a PC hooked up to it so my options are pretty limited. I'll take a look at that Channelmaster. It looks interesting to me.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Serious for a change by brwsaw @ 01/21/15 12:39 PM

It was an interesting read. I really liked the way he wrote and that he inserted third party letters throughout the book. I hate to spoil it but the letters from "C" took me off guard at first, then it started to feel real. Thanks for sugg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 01/21/15 02:08 AM

I watched my copy of Gone Girl tonight, and it looks and sounds great.

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.