Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
2 registered (Ken.C, J. B.), 124 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12704 Members
11 Forums
22682 Topics
400470 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16224
SirQuack 13311
CV 11060
MarkSJohnson 10678
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by fredk @ 04/15/14 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphPersonally, I like to hang aluminum pie plates in dishwashers of people who brag they are so quiet. Sadly, Detroit is too far away for that. For now.... Is Detroit moving, or did you don your snow suit, climb in your kay
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: About to pull the trigger on M80s by fredk @ 04/15/14 08:17 PM

I run my M80s with an 80 Hz crossover as well since I do have a sub. The M80 really is a very good speaker for the money.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by fredk @ 04/15/14 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: troydEP125 I think is a little on the small end, if you can spend a bit more I would go with atleast go with the EP175 EP350 or 400(depending on how big a sub you can use) . The 175 is just not enough for movies. Trust me on
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by tomtuttle @ 04/15/14 07:44 PM

You guys. I give up. You're so far ahead of where I'll ever be, that I'm considering just watching everything on my phone and listening through earbuds from now on. So, so cool.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by fredk @ 04/15/14 07:44 PM

Interesting. Given that it is now sealed, the driver must be substantially redesigned. If it is still a 12" driver then I suspect the cabinet will be smaller as well. Getting the same performance as the old EP500 with a 12" driver sealed
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by Serenity_Now @ 04/15/14 07:19 PM

Concrete condo? Sub all the way!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by fredk @ 04/15/14 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: medic8rSo you're saying that we should boot Mark out? Brilliant! So, who's going to play the part of expendible forum member who runs away crying then?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/15/14 07:18 PM

Is there a dip switch or something on the lutron units to give them different IR codes. Ie command individually? 3 gang box sounds like where I'll end up. Sconces, ropes and overheads/pots controlled individually. The soffit will be "8"
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by troyd @ 04/15/14 07:16 PM

EP125 I think is a little on the small end, if you can spend a bit more I would go with atleast go with the EP175
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 04/15/14 06:53 PM

I am using the Harmony One with mine without issues. Note, I would control the rope light differently. Separate switch/dimmer... Here is why: When you want the cool effect of the rope light, but super dim, you are still going to have light direc
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by JBG @ 04/15/14 06:43 PM

yes the lutron works well with my harmony 1100.. actually I have 2 lutrons that are controlled with the remote
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by JBG @ 04/15/14 06:41 PM

trick is not to touch the ss.. simply look at it and wonder why it's called ss!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/15/14 05:42 PM

Thanks Guys, I have been looking into the lutron maestro IR dimmers. Are these the ones you have? I have a harmony remote I would use them with. I know sconces are happening for sure, but cant decide on soffit pots or just two overhead lights for
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 04/15/14 03:19 PM

One of these days I will sit down when I have some time and write a nice long reply. For lights, I went with small can lights around the soffit (you could do the same along the edge of the ceiling, or even go with ones spread throughout the room).
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone looking to buy a pair of FMS16s w/balls? by tomtuttle @ 04/15/14 03:00 PM

MSJ for the win.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by tomtuttle @ 04/15/14 02:56 PM

I'm pretty sure their materials cost for the laminated MDF is a bit more than that. Plus, shipping. Still, I would think that there would have to be a different driver or amp to justify that much increase in price.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by stoudtlr @ 04/15/14 02:43 PM

The on wall sconces are really nice, but I was one of the many that just opted for the cheaper pot lights. With drop ceiling they are super easy to wire and mount too.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by stoudtlr @ 04/15/14 02:41 PM

Since this thread rose from the grave like a character in a George Romero flick I may as well ask my question here instead of starting my own. What processor/receiver would you all recommend? I've already got Emotiva amps to power my M22's and QS8'
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Emotiva XPA-3 with M22's by stoudtlr @ 04/15/14 12:50 PM

Got some work done in my basement over the weekend. Got all the walls painted and picked out my stain for the trim and wainscoting. Will have wainscoting on all but the front wall.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Sobwoofer or Tower ? by Philippe @ 04/15/14 12:49 PM

Hell Axiom. I own a pair of M3v3 for about 5 months now and I am very happy with them. However I would like to upgrade in the goal to get a little more bass and presence out of my speakers. I have a large lounge which is all open to the kitchen and t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by Murph @ 04/15/14 12:45 PM

Hey, I'd love to go to Rock City some day. Sorry, I know it's Motor City but I was a KISS fan when I was a kid.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by Strider53 @ 04/15/14 12:16 PM

Murph If you're heading to Dwight for the next GTG, looking at a map, Detroit isn't that much further if you feel you really need to, on the other hand I'll try it for you myself, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that pie plate won't be noticeable eith
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by ClubNeon @ 04/15/14 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: frozenI was told by Debbie that the only difference between the V3 and V4 is, ported will now be sealed and the cabinet shape. Cool, direct info. Now you have four posts. Keep this up, and you'll be a "shareholder in the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Emotiva XPA-3 with M22's by stoudtlr @ 04/15/14 11:24 AM

Very nice! Love that wood cabinet you have under your TV.
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Updated as requested. by J. B. @ 04/15/14 10:39 AM

very nice setup ! :-)
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.