Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, Gary Vose Sr), 101 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12707 Members
11 Forums
22684 Topics
400495 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16224
SirQuack 13311
CV 11061
MarkSJohnson 10678
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by brwsaw @ 04/16/14 04:16 PM

2 in 1 cabinet...
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by dakkon @ 04/16/14 03:21 PM

Andrew.. I was thinking about getting 3 of the new amps, for my older EP-600's all of which are the ported enclosure design.. Will the new amps work ok with the older enclosures?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by tomtuttle @ 04/16/14 01:49 PM

I would like to see some pictures of the new models up on the pole. Congratulations, Andrew. Well done.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Lawn mower suggestions? by tomtuttle @ 04/16/14 01:38 PM

What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/16/14 01:20 PM

Since the cat is out of the bag on the new v4 subwoofers, I figured it would be a good idea to start an official v4 subwoofer thread where we can discuss these new products all in one place. I'll give a quick overview of what's new/changed/updated an
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by BobKay @ 04/16/14 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: medic8rSo you're saying that we should boot Mark out? Brilliant! So, who's going to play the part of expendible forum member who runs away crying then? Newsflash, Fred! We're all expendable! I hope
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Lawn mower suggestions? by Strider53 @ 04/16/14 12:20 PM

Yep, this was the Detroit area yesterday, Sunday it reaches 80 degrees, Monday night 4 inches of snow fell. Wonder if we've had enough yet! /Jeff
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Lawn mower suggestions? by MarkSJohnson @ 04/16/14 12:06 PM

Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by tomtuttle @ 04/16/14 11:47 AM

Just because the drivers are the same size doesn't mean speakers are similarly good. I'd also suggest a sub big enough to matter. Given the description of the room, I just don't think anything less than an EP350 is going to be very satisfying. Oth
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Lawn mower suggestions? by exlabdriver @ 04/16/14 11:40 AM

In my post above I noted how heavy my Troy Built Honda was. I tried my daughter's non-propelled mower that is the model down from mine. What a joy in close spaces due to its far lighter weight. I wish now that I had gone that route as it would sui
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Auditioning Axioms In Your Area by SpenceJT2003 @ 04/16/14 10:17 AM

I'm in the area of Madison Wisconsin VP150 m60(x2) m22(x2) QS8(x8) EP350
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by Serenity_Now @ 04/16/14 10:09 AM

If $500 is the budget there are many compelling options. Pb-1000?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by MarkSJohnson @ 04/16/14 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Murph On the plus side, all those banging pie plates tied to my kayak may keep the gulls from pecking my eyes out once I reach the mad, delusions stage of the expedition. The important word is "may".
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by troyd @ 04/16/14 09:52 AM

As the OP said in his opening statement: "As you can notice I do not have an unlimited budget but I think either of these options could give me what I am looking for." Given the upgrade in speakers was around $500 and the EP125 is around
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by Murph @ 04/16/14 07:56 AM

Another vote for the sub that is reasonably sized for your large room. I recognize you are dealing with neighbors but 'a sub too small' (the title of Negative Orange's new acoustic album) will be disappointing and you may find yourself trying to t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by Murph @ 04/16/14 07:50 AM

Easy for you it's only probably a four hour drive. For me, it's probably a 24 hour drive or a maybe a 6 month paddle up to, then down the Saint Lawrence and through the Great Lakes. On the plus side, all those banging pie plates tied to my kayak ma
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/16/14 12:13 AM

It has to be bulletproof simple for when the room is used when I'm not around. A grafik eye would be cool, but holy expensive! Lutron + harmony seems like the answer so far. I checked out the z-wave stuff and it looks cool as well. Price will dec
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/15/14 11:54 PM

I could stand the overheads on a manual dimmer for entry/exit and general use. 2 lutron units could be used as scene lighting during movies as you have mentioned with preset dim levels. Pretty slick and user friendly. Also There will be a smart r
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by JohnK @ 04/15/14 10:04 PM

A receiver is the cost-effective purchase in the vast majority of circumstances and benefits from economies of production scale compared to separate processors and amplifiers. The Onkyo 828 isn't suggested since, despite the numbering, it constitutes
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 04/15/14 09:36 PM

OK. Found it. Leviton Vizia RF+ or possibly even better is the Z Wave... I found this on the Z Wave (also mentions some other products too): http://www.avsforum.com/t/1469044/multiple-dimmer-switch-remote-control Just don't yell at me if you don'
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 04/15/14 09:32 PM

Yeah, if your remote send a "full on" signal to one, then they all get it. If you send the "preset" signal, then they all go to their preset (which CAN be set different per switch), but not independently controlled. I can't reme
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by MarkSJohnson @ 04/15/14 09:06 PM

::Walks away, steeling resolve::
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Sobwoofer or Tower ? by exlabdriver @ 04/15/14 08:42 PM

Definitely go with a sub or two... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by JBG @ 04/15/14 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkInteresting. Given that it is now sealed, the driver must be substantially redesigned. If it is still a 12" driver then I suspect the cabinet will be smaller as well. Getting the same performance as the old EP500 wi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by exlabdriver @ 04/15/14 08:32 PM

If it sounds as good as the sealed EP400, it'll be a real winner... TAM
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.