nickbuol i love the fact you stick up for your boyfreind. very cute. every post theres been on projectors you and your girlfreind have argued with me over this. you both still don't get it. a dvd is 480p. upconversion actually makes the picture less sharp and more soft. Alan from axiom even replyed on the one thread agreeing with this. But your friend sirquack even said let me see if i remember. oh yes he said alan is not always right. Well its not about whos right or wrong its about facts. there are only 480 lines of information on dvds. so to watch it as 720 or higher the projector has to redistrubute it from its natural 480p to 720p or 1080. to fill in the lines of information which is called scaling. when doing this the best you can hope for is that it does a really good job at scaling the image. and if it does you won't lose much sharpness. but generally a picture scaled into a non native format like this well appear a bit softer then in its native 480p state. which translates into a less sharper image. that was taken from an article at projector central. I'm sure nickbuol and sirquack well say they aren't always right either. Also the only problems i have in this forum are you two. I can't stand people who argue and have no facts to back it up. dvds are 480p not 720 not 1080. scaling does not improve picture quality for the majority of projector owners for dvd. except drastically with you two. I sure you'll reply with one of your post that show how dence you truly are. first though talk to someone that nows something about projectors.