One minor point to remember... the DVD / player combo is part of the equation, in the sense that it decides whether to play a 5.1 soundtrack or something else. With the latest DVDs everything seems to default to Dolby Digital 5.1 but remember that not all DVDs will do that.

re: Dolby Digital vs. DTS -- I think most of us here play the DTS soundtrack if it is available (again, you have to pick this via the DVD menu not the receiver menu) but I doubt any of us have had time to really compare the two soundtracks and see if there is a difference.

Interesting observations :

- a disproportionate percentage of Axiom owners seem to work in the IT sector. Is this meaningful, or is this a natural outcome of having everything we purchase in NA manufactured in China ?

- my other hobby (when I have time) is IPSC (handgun combat simulation) shooting, and again there seems to be a disproportionate percentage of software engineers, IT folks, real estate agents and lawyers. I think this is because of the massive paperwork you need to legally own a handgun in Canada, but again it's an interesting data point.

Last edited by bridgman; 11/21/05 04:27 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8