In reply to:

doesn't introduce a sonic character of its own

John we have been down this road before my friend and for some reason I feel like going down it again. Not picking an argument, just looking for a bit more clarification on your end.

I'm not going to stop saying this, your wrong. All receivers don't sound the same. Exactly how many have you A/B’d at home over say the last year to make this statement? What exactly do you own anyway? I have always been curious as you always make definitive statements to people and other then a white paper that somebody put out, what do you base it on? Is there any first hand experience at play here? You never talk about what you own and I’m dead serious, I’m curious.

I have said in the past that there are a lot of them out there that do provide the same sonic signature but to say EVERY one is exactly the same, in my books is wrong. I have owned a few and there is now way anyone is ever going to get me to buy into the statement that they all sound the same…….and god knows I have owned enough to make that statement.