Way too many big words at play here and I'm easily confused!

Let's keep this simple. Some manufactures play around with their respective outputs and for various reasons also fool around with various impedances. Sunfire for example uses a 1 Ohm resistor that is placed in series with the output of each channel to alter the sound. They then also run a standard set of outputs where the resistor is not used.

Everyone and anyone who has ever heard Sunfire equipment acknowledges that there is a difference in the sonic signature coming out of each output. The amp is identical; everything is exactly the same from point to point with one exception.

My point is this, to say that all receivers sound the same is like saying they all use the same internal parts and have the exact same specs at the output stage. I have my doubts. I'm not sure if they still do or not but Marantz was another one that played with the final output stage to achieve a warmer then normal sound. I have no idea if they still are but it's interesting that most reviews you read on a Marantz product bring up the word warm, laid back etc.

Like it or not, the end result can be altered by any manufacture if they want to………..and some do. To say they all sound the same in my books is wrong.