Hi NeverHappy

I'll share my impressions of the various 2 channel amps I've had over the recent years. (Too many, because I'm never Happy, or because of my relentless pursuit of the perfect sound ...)

Rated in order of sound qualities:

1. Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT with upgraded caps Mullard long plate 12AX7's, Electro Harmonix KT88s. Fabulous midrange, sweet highs, huge soundstage, excellent imaging. 5 watts per channel in Single End Triode Mode. I've used this amp with M2e's, M3Tis, M22s, M50, Michaura M55s, M66s, Wharfdale Diamond 9.1's.

2. Kenwood KA9100 - top of the line Kenwood 2 channel 90 wpc with power meters, this amp is the second best I've had. Involving, lively ... love to listen to music from this amp, more so than my other solid states.

3. Anthem PVA5. Wonderful amp.

4. Onkyo Integra M506. Great amp. bass very tight and controlled.

5. Yamaha M80. Bruiser. Drives the Thiels effortlessly. after back and forth with the M504, decided the M80s sound better. Like them so much I got 3 of them for my Home Theater system.

6. Onkyo M504. Excellent amplifier.

7. T-Amp modded. What a joke! $20.00 and sounds absolutely terrific. Cannot drive 93db efficient speakers to reference levels. Bass not as tight as big boys. Highs and mids are superb. Within its comfort zone its a mid pack performer.

8. Kenwood KMX 1000 (didn't like it, returned it right away. Lifeless.)

I never did A/B tests or measured the apparent width of the sound stage, imaging abilities ...

Impressions are based on living with these amps.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.