Holy crap.................it's like beating a dead horse. Yes I have done true blind testing in my day. That is if there is such a thing. My experience is limited to trying it with receivers and speakers only. But now I have opened up the door for the usual stuff that follows when blind testing is brought into question, was there a delay between switching components? Did you change seating positions? Did the sky go from Blue to Grey?

Have I been fooled? Yep this is why I openly admit that I have heard receivers that sound very similar and some that add there own twist to things. If you all believe that every receiver in existence sounds the same, so be it. It's all good. I’m just saying that I have heard other things that make me think a little differently.........and no, it wasn’t always the higher priced item that sounded better so please don't even go there. The "It sounded better because you needed it to because you paid a whack of cash for it" argument is lame and was old a long time ago.

As I know somebody is going to ask, the last true blind test I did was with the NAD T773 and the Yamaha 4600. If anyone cares, I honestly had a hell of a time telling them apart. Then it was an HK7300 and an Anthem AVM30 with power being supplied by a Sunfire. Call me an idiot; discount my ramblings as some guy on a quest for audio nirvana I don’t really care but the difference was night and day.

Now let me ask you all. Has anyone here done a blind A/B with the T773 and 4600? If you have let me hear your thoughts. If you haven’t, I question what you would be offering an opinion on? Speculation perhaps? A graph posted on the internet?