2x6spds:

I have been working long hours this last 3 days. I have only heard the amp for few minutes, but so far I am very impressed with its sonic performance, and the clear loudness it makes with just 35W.

I know that its not on its prime, and some components must be changed ir order to have it prime, but I just can wait. Its running the original EL34 tubes for output stage (am I right? I am not sure, if those are output and the 7199 are drivers and the GZ34 is the rectifier)

I found an extremely detailed soundstage and imaging coming from the M22 with the ST70. I never heard that spatial accuracy with a stereo pair of speakers, and I thought I needed sorround speakers. I am absolutely impressed with this setup... M22 bright? no way... my Outlaw 770 is known to be a little bright, so M22's + 770 has not been that impressive combo to listen to, but that is something that does not happen with the ST70

Now, before blowing more bells and whistles, I need to re-arrange the M80's and the M22's and actually set them up favorably, in order to created that seamless soundstage and be able to discern if the amp is making a change or was just the effect of the positioning. I am sure that the M80 are just not positioned good enough for me to appreciate the perferct soundstage, and I knew that from the purchase time. They are overkill for my apartment, but I got them with the intentions of moving them to a bigger place (soon to happen!!)

Tthere is less noise (humm and hiss) that with my ICBM and 770 amp. I like that. I found that a little weak on bass, but punchy enough to satisfy me so far... again I am impressed of what the M22 can do now.

I will be on days off soon, and I will connect everything properly and do a fair comparison, plugging the M80's to the ST70. I do not want to blame my SS amp and throw it away that easily, but I do take my hat off in front of the Dynaco ST70.

I will post about the results of the M80's with the ST70, and I already invited some friends home that were eager to listen to tube gear. That will let me have more opinions on the ST70 and I will be happily posting them.