From Axiom regarding the M22ti and M22v2 labeling:

"Axiom is always seeking to make improvements to our speakers, whether these involve small mechanical changes, minor crossover changes, cabinet molding, and the like. In the past, when running changes were made, we didn't alter the model number, unless there was a major upgrade, as in the case of the M2, which became the M2i when we changed the tweeter to the identical model used in the M22, M60s, M80 and all the other Axiom speakers.

When we upgraded the tweeter in the QS4 to the same model as the QS8, the sound quality did not change, only the power handling and overall linearity at louder volumes. So we didn't change the model designation.

At recent meetings, we decided there were enough small changes to enough models to use new nomenclature, hence the v2 designation. Finally, there are no audible differences in the M22ti and the M22v2.

Our site programmers are working to change all the text and references, but it takes time because we've been launching our Custom Wood studio.

Feel free to contact me on my direct line, 1-888-243-3236, 9-5 Eastern Time, Monday to Friday, or call the Axiom toll-free number any time at 1-866-244-8796 - any of our Audio Experts would be pleased to help."

Kind regards,

Alan Lofft
Alan@axiomaudio.com
www.axiomaudio.com
1-888-243-3236 (direct)

Last edited by LHawes; 05/06/06 02:59 PM.