Stone, no one minds you asking questions, and all are willing to help. But, you have to consider HOW you are asking those questions. Without intent perhaps, you've stepped on a lot of toes around here.

You seem to imply that only by asking pointed questions are you able to get a response. I sorta feel that you get responses that you don't seem to understand, and hence, keep asking the same questions over and over, each time getting more hostile.

For example.

In reply to:

Am I the only one that questions why one vinyl costs more than another? thats interesting. I'd bet that anyone given samples of each vinyl offered (stock or not) they would be VERY similar in quality if not exactly the same. As I'd "guess" the new vinyls are purchased for the same cost of the others(same size rolls). why wouldn't they be? and with that being said you all now know WHY I ask this question.

This has been explained several times in this thread, yet you still keep hammering away at it. Axiom stocks four vinyl finishes. That means they can order that vinyl IN LARGE QUANTITY, which means they get a substantial quantity discount for those 4 finishes and are able to pass along that discount to purchasers. They do however, as a courtesy, offer a number of other finishes which must be special ordered. Special orders don't qualify for a quantity discount because they are purchased in small quantities, only as needed. Thus, they cost Axiom more than the regularly stocked vinyl, which means they must charge more for speakers in those finishes.

You seem to feel that Axiom should order LARGE QUANTITIES of each and every vinyl and keep them in stock. This would tie up a huge amount of capitol in an inventory that would only be tapped on occasion. It wouldn't be cost effective. Worse, you seem to imply that Axiom is 'stupid" or "dishonest" because they DON'T stock all this vinyl. Surely you understand "special orders" cost more. That's why they are "special."

My beloved Rockets only come in only two standard finishes, and they are discontinuing one of them. Perhaps that's because they are finding it difficult to obtain that veneer. But, perhaps they are doing so because it is the less popular finish, and it hasn't proved cost effective to keep it in stock.

One mistake you've made is to come in here without taking the time to understand the dynamic in play on this forum. What I mean is, you just barged in the door asking harshly phrased questions, got peckish when you didn't get what you consider to be good answers, and kept asking the same questions getting more and more insulting each time. Yes, we are all a little sensitive about the use of the word "bright." Many who dislike the Axiom sound use that word as an insulting, derogatory term to denigrate Axiom speakers. Does it seem unreasonable that we would react defensively to the use of such a pejorative term? Trust me. Had you done a similar thing, i.e. repeatedly refer to Rockets as laid back or muffled, over at the av123 forum, you would have received a similar reaction. I've seen it happen there as well as here.

I'm sorry if you've been offended, but you've offended us. You've insulted Axiom, their product, and the members of the forum. What surprises us is that you seem completely oblivious to that fact, and completely justified in doing so.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton