>>>I always loved flying and was always afraid of heights, but was never able to reconcile the two. Took flying lessons for a while until I found the exact point where the love of flying and fear of heights met -- tipped over in a stall with the windshield full of "ground". Spins were OK but I could never stop panicking in a stall, even in a C172 which has the most gentle stall you could imagine.

Typically during a stall you should never see a windshield full of ground...whereas in a spin you probably will. John, you'll probably be quite surprised at the number of professional pilots who are scared of heights, myself included.

Flying used to be a hobby but I turned it into my profession, took all of the fun out of it. Riding and racing dirt bikes used to be a hobby but I got old and the tumbles hurt a lot so I don't do that anymore ... I've always loved salt water fishing but we don't have a boat anymore so I guess my only hobby at the moment is drinking beer and listening to our Axioms. Wife and I have already decided that a 25-28' boat is definitely in our plans for this coming year ... saltwater, of course.

Rick
Our Room

smile