Hey guys (and gals). First let me say what a great site this is! And I love the Boston Cherry finish on those Axioms, awsome!

Anyway, I am currently finishing my basement and planning on putting my home theatre down there. I am about 6 - 8 months away from buying some new speakers for my listening enjoyment. I am considering Axiom speakers as one of my choices. ( Other choices are B&W's or Paradigms, other options are not ruled out either). I will not ask why I should buy Axiom's over those other brands, because I have read the reviews and posts and can make that decision when it comes time.

For now, I have some basic questions to get me to the point where I want to be, a happy listener with the best system that my space and budget will afford.

My room is about 12' x 20' and not completly inclosed or "theatre dedicated", so I have a small attached room to one side and a hallway at the back with no doorway. The ceiling is 8' but will loose a couple inches when I put in the drop ceiling. I'd like to know about how far back on my wall and how high up I should place my rear channel speakers? Also, what size of speaker wire should I be using? I need to prewire the speaker cable before I drywall next week.
I am sound insulating the whole basement and there will be carpeting down there. How do I decide what size speakers I should get? I am running a 5.1 system off a Marantz SR4200 receiver (75w per channel). I would like the rear channel speakers to be wall mounted but don't want to lose sound volume or quality from smaller ones, but don't want big bulky things hanging on the walls either. I have small center and rear speakers now and they pretty much suck, I can't hear the talking in the movies unless I turn it right up, then when the action kicks in, it's too loud!

I won't ask too much more right now. I would really like to hear from anybody who has owned or compared side by side their Axiom's with either the B&W 600 series or Paradigm Monitor series speakers. Also, I won't buy speakers without listening to them first so I need to find out how I listen to some Axioms in my area. I am in Edmonton Alberta, Canada.
Any (and all) help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.