>>but what about picture quality. Are these projectors better overall picture then my picture I have now. One issue that i have with my tv that I wonder if can be fixed with a projector is when there is quick motion across the screen the picture drags and begins to pixilate and become blurry.

This most likely has nothing to do with your TV. Your DVD player is most likely the culprit not being able to process the data fast enough in high demanding scenes. I would suggest picking up a new DVD player (the Oppo 971 is an awsome upscaling DVD, upscales to 720p/1080i via DVI-D)

>>but if the color and picture don't pop and seemed washed in anyway, or the blacks are blotchy I won't like it.

The Panny is an LCD projector and naturally don't have as deep blacks as DLP models. If you want deep blacks you're going to have to have a really flexible room for placement and at least 9 ft ceilings to get a decent screen height because of the offset of all DLPs. They don't have lense shift like the Panny AX100 which can be mounted on a bookshelf in the rear and the screen can be shifted up to 50% of its vertical height (I think its 50% or more)

If I personally had the 9 - 10ft ceilings I would get the Mitsu HD3000, it has awsome black levels and is at a killer street price right now.

Make sure you use a projector calculator prior to purchasing a DLP to make sure that the screen will be far enough off the ground (which is a problem with DLPs). Mitsubishi has one on their website that really helps.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com