Well, generally around here, you won't hear the bright descriptor. You also won't hear that different receivers have different sonic characteristics. Of course, such sonic characteristics can be added, subtracted, (whatever) through tone controls, different processing, etc.

In short, get a receiver at the price point you can afford with the features you want.

Also, audition the Axioms to make sure they're what you want. Of course, we all think they're the bee's knees, but not everyone likes them. They are very accurate speakers, and will expose any issues with the source material. For example, we have lists of poorly mastered albums, because it matters with Axioms.

Me? I'm using a Harman/Kardon AVR-525 with my M80s, VP100, and QS4s. Works fine for me. But several people around here have had problems with H/Ks lately, so perhaps their QC has gone down.

As an aside, I'm sure you've seen that many Axiom owners swear by separates, or at least external amps. I'm not quite there yet, and I'm not convinced of the benefits at the volumes I listen at. Don't be scared off by this--you can always add one later.

Last edited by kcarlile; 01/20/07 06:54 AM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!