"Bright" is subjective. One person's 'bright' is another person's 'accurate' or 'detailed'. With that said, I'd be willing to guess that if the Axioms are as accurate as everyone says (sorry, haven't has the opportunity to hear them myself, but I have no reason to doubt that this is the case), they will be quite revealing of bad source material. With the recording industry producing absolute crap recordings (over-equalized in some cases, over-compressed in others, etc.), I have no doubt that many have heard these (and other accurate speakers) speakers sound harsh and bright.

The recording will be the biggest difference, but if they are as revealing as other high-end speakers I'm familiar with, cheap electronics could potentially sound bright, as well. No one is going to hook up a pair of (using an example speaker I'm familiar with) Thiel speakers to a $300 receiver and $50 DVD or CD player. In order to get the most out of a high end set of speakers, you need a quality front end. I've heard HUGE differences between high-end receivers and high-end separates, and I'm willing to bet that there's an even bigger difference between low end receivers and entry-level separates.

I realize that everyone has a budget they need to stay within. But if you can afford the Axiom system you posted, you owe it to yourself to save up enough money to buy either a higher-end receiver or entry-level separates. Why spend well over $2K on speakers and then try to drive them on on $400-600 receiver? You will not get the most out of your high quality speakers this way, and may end up running into trouble trying to drive your speakers to reference levels. They are all 6 ohm speakers. Sure, most recievers will drive 6 ohms, but I doubt a cheap one will do so without strain at higher volumes, driving all channels at once.

I'm not trying to be downer, but you have a very nice speaker setup. Give it the quality amplification it deserves. It will be well worth the wait, in my opinion, if you need more time to save up the extra money. Save up an extra $6-700 and get the Outlaw Audio 970/7075 combo. [Yes, I am partial to separates. I freely admit this. But I'm partial because of the improved performance I've always heard from them vs. receivers.]

This is only one person's opinion, but I'm not without a clue on this subject.