That is shy this forum is so great. Yeah, I am in the HD-DVD camp, but I don't own one, and it isn't that I want Blu-Ray to fail. I just like some of the things with the format. To heck with which studios support which format. Since I don't own one, I look just at the technology. They are both great. I just like the fact the HD-DVD did it with a method that wasn't so costly to the manufacturer, and thus lower cost to the consumer. I am tired of companies like Sony thinking that just because they have some "all new" technology, that people will pay for it. Case in point, PS3. Sales are nowhere near where Sony wants them. Why? Too expensive for most people. Now look at the Wii. Cheapest of the "big 3" and people are eating it up. Is the PS3 cool? Absolutely, but the Wii is fun, and costs less than 1/2 of the PS3.

I like that model. Think of what the consumer is willing to buy, and don't try to cram cutting edge tech into consumer products right at the start when something else does just as good for less cash.

So with that belief, I am not going to slam you for buying a Blu-Ray. I think that it is awesome that you got one. I just don't agree with the business model.

So enjoy your HD movies! I know I wish I was!

Farewell - June 4, 2020