Axiom man,

You're not passionate over this are you??

The only way you can truly notice a difference is I’ve as I’ve already outlined above (but there is a difference). You need to send a 1080P/24 24 video stream to a display that will accept that video stream without re-scaling it. The only way you will be able to do that is with an external scaler or with the two BR players that output 1080P/24 (forgot which models that is). All others that output 1080P/60, pull 1080i off the disk, then de-interlace it and apply 2/3 cadence to get 60 fps. The PS3 is rumored to be getting a firmware update that will pull the native 1080/24 data off the disk, but I’m not holding my breath waiting for it. Plus, my VP-50 does a pretty remarkable job de-interlacing 1080i and outputting 1080P/24/24.

Although I do not think there is a big time, slap in the face difference between 720P/60 and 1080P/24, it is most definitely there (1080P/60 is not as great a difference). I can toggle back and forth between all formats and frame rates with the VP and see the difference. I have to look for it, but it is there. If you don’t have this capability, don’t fret over it though. It’s not enough to make me shed tears if I were to loose it. All HD looks great. Some just look a wee-bit greater….