Quote:

where you will (or maybe “should” is a better word than “will”) see a difference between I and P is with video and sports. Most sports are video based….btw. If you do decide to do a test, try ESPN HD. In truth, the only way to really appreciate a good video processor / scaler and understand why some people are as anal about video as Axiom board members are about audio, is with the use of test patterns and specific scenes in movies where there are known artifacts and other undesirable flaws that only a really good processor/scaler can get rid of. But who in the hell wants to sit around and watch test patterns all day??? I do not find that enjoyable.

I have read about this, that sports have the edge in showing progressive scan material but frankly with our LCD tv which to me still has that 'lag' look to it, i doubt i would be able to see any difference with i vs p.
Although i can say i'm a huge audio/videophile, i am certainly not a purist who believes that every test pattern flag fault that can be measured is worth extra cost or effort for an artifact that "may" be visible here and there "if" one has to look for it. I know there are many out there who are purists though and certainly i can only benefit from their scrutiny of picture quality, so i'm not complaining.

Still, i would not pass up the chance to see an equal test of i vs p if it were available to do. Unfortunately this is not something i am setup to attempt in our media room and any setup at the local box store would not be trusted any further than i could throw the store.
Speaker switching is one thing, but tv switching i just don't have the bucks to manage. Now if someone were to come visit, ship along their identical big screen tv with p capability, toss a few spare dvdp and appropriate content movies in their sacks and bring at least one quality bottle of wine from their region, NOW we've got something going!!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."