I couldn’t care less if there is a format victor or not, just give me High Def video and audio. I love both children equally. And I certainly hope that this thread doesn’t turn into a format war debate. I’m about sick of seeing that crap. But if anyone is really passionate about it, there’s over a million posts on that very topic at AVS.

To comment on the different resolutions….

1080i verses 720P becomes easy to see a difference with Action/Sports or video based content.

720P verses 1080P isn’t that great of a leap unless you like to sit about 3’ away from your display. I couldn’t see any pixel structure on my 96” X 41” screen with 720P until I got about 4’ away from it. With my 1080P projector, I have to get about 12” away from it to see it.

Where I did notice a significant difference between the two projectors was in regards to color, contrast and depth. Whether that improvement was worth the cost is a personal issue. The other benefit going with the 1080P unit is I can send a native 1080P / 24 / 24 (24 frames per minute at 24 Hz) video signal to the projector. This is the same format that is stored on the HD/BR disk and there is no drop down cadence frame manipulation or doubling. It’s a frame for frame reproduction of the data that’s on the disk…..and it looks incredible.

And I'll mimick Michael's comments on the Audio. It's worth it. The difference is like going from low res WMA / MP3 to SACD.