Quote:

I have my tv, dvd player, rotel amps and preamp, direct tv dvr all plugged into my Monster HTS2600 power conditioner. Should I do the same or will I lose any power, or just plug into diff outlet? By the way, just got my EP500 today, that sub is BIG!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't had a chance to mess with settings yet, not sure where to start.

Congrats on your EP500, Eric...Great Choice!!!

I decided to go with the Monster Power 3600 MKII for all of my HT power protection... power amp(Emo LPA-1)- pre\pro(Emo LMC-1) - DLP 61" display - HD DVD - DTV HD receiver - Axiom EP500 Sub - Acoustimas SS module!!

With everything on and running, my current RMS draw is 3.5 amps (2 amps to DLP alone). At peak, undistorted, full action, Loud DB Levels (110db @ listening chair) with heavy LFE energy, I saw "Once" a peak hit 5.0 amps, then drop down in the low 4 amp ranges! NEVER has the Emo LPA-1 gotten hot, clipped or sounded strained while the EP 500 was hitting Slab-Shaking Levels that caused ripples in the waterbed on the other side of the house (U-571 depth charges) !! Audio dynamics seemed to have unlimited headroom and I never saw or heard Any of the HT equipment strain or freak out due to lack of A\C current feed!!! Pushing the volume any louder would have required PPE's ("earplugs")!

Here is another good discussion on the topic of A\C power & Conditioners:
http://emotiva.proboards59.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1180644794

In my experience, yes, you will still have plenty of power...as long as you have a solid feed from the breaker to the outlet!

Ted

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!