SRV is a hero around here. My friends and I have spent many a night drinking beers and listening to the late, great Mr. Vaughn. I have a few of his albums, and DVD's in concert (he was in prime form at his Austin City Limits show). Of course when he played his "texas blues" style was when I always thought he shined. He dug jazz, and a little r&b, but it always seemed to me like he would throw those songs in just to try and be a little more mainstream. To me the only guys who ever made the whole "Rock-pop-bluesy-r&b" thing work was ZZ-Top. So it's not really that I'm a purist or don't like it, it's just that I like to sit down pop in a blues cd, and listen to it...but then sometimes there's a song that tries to be something other than blues and it interupts the mood. Just imagine watching "INDEPENDENCE DAY" and in the scene just after Will Smith crashes his plane and opens the hatch to the alien, well instead of the alien your used to popping out, you get Jar-Jar Binks!! That's what I mean. I just doesn't fit, especially when the pure blues is so good. Ahh, did you get a chance to see the SRV tribute? Theres an assortment of fine players! I only wish they had the Harp player from "Blues Travler" also. And yes, I own Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000.

Grass grows green when manuer is placed upon it.