I hear ya.. It's really hard to find an album you can just throw down, and not have to hit 'next' a couple a times !! Drives me nuts.. But blues is a hard sell, and those guys (and gals) have to mix it up a little to reach a bigger market just to stay alive and keep food on the table..
I'm kind of a nut on Stevie, and have almost all his recordings.. He had the passion AND the talent.. Hard combo to beat.. Too many today just can't do it all.. Even Eric, the god (small 'g') of guitar falls short on vocals..
Bought ZZ tops 1st album back in 70 or 71.. Great stuff.. I even got behind the amp'd Recycler, Afterburner, era..
I'm always on the look out for a good accustic album.. Slide work, finger picking, what have ya.. I only wish someone could record the sound like those old C/S/N - James Taylor - late 60's early 70's sound.. Stills was the best at it.. He (or his engineer) knew how to record an acoustic..
That's one reason I have more electric albums, it's easier to find good ones.. Acoustic takes talent to play AND to record..
Then there's the whitest blues man in Texas, good old Johnny Winters ! That is, when he's not playing rock n roll.. (Or getting another tattoo !! hahaha)
Here's a pick for ya, Michael Burks "Make it Rain", on Alligator records.. Straight up electric blues.. Dude plays a Flying V, thru a Fender amp and nothing for the most part but bass and drums behind him.. Cut 3 and 4 would be worn out on my copy, if it was an LP.. hahah.. Last cut is a little surprise for ya.. Check it out..

LFE ! The rest is just details..