Woah! A very nice knowlege base of the blues we got here! Allow me to insert a few more names. Buddy Guy. The speed and ability to make masterpieces up on the fly is astonishing. Jimmy Hendrix had some very excellent blues songs, Red House being the standout. Alber Collins could finger pick like a madman. And although he isn't truly bluesy persay, Eric Johnson has technique that is perfect. The man never messes up! I'm enjoying Susan Tedeschi as well, at least the whole album is mainstream. And finaly, Sue Foley is another female singer/guitarist that I'm liking. Sue's only weakness in my ears is her high piched voice. Currently at Sam's Wholesale you can find a 4 disk SRV package that has many recordings, live recordings, previeously unreleased material (MTV Unplugged songs), and a one of the disks is a DVD with live perfomances from his Austin City Limits apperances. Now I gotta go and find a few of these cd's mentioned...I'm so glad I started this thread, the blues have a strong hold on you once you hear it and understand it. In turn it creates a bond among all those who love it. And unlike some of the music being released for newer generations, (some of this music I truly enjoy btw), the blues isn't a jealous genre...it allows you to visit and explore other music. It encourages you too.

Grass grows green when manuer is placed upon it.