Mojo, I believe it was stated in an earlier post of mine that these are merely listening impression and subjective opinions. No one has ever claimed the results are "statistically significant." Feel free to totally disregard the results if you wish.

I did not participate in the comparison, but I suspect the lack of a significant gap in the ratings is because, under blind conditions, it is very difficult to quantify subjective opinion. Periodically, the participants switched seats so as to experience each pair of speakers from several different positions within the room. Many remarked at how they responded differently to each speaker, depending on their position in the room, making their evaluations just that much more difficult.

Unless you've done an evaluation under blind conditions you have no idea how difficult and exhausting it can be.

Regarding av123:

Rocket/Rocket II --- Home Theater - great for nulti-channel music applications too.

REF --- 2 channel "cross over" product for those that love music but want HT - very high end finish. Reputedly a bit more "forward" than Rockets.

Strata --- Intimate 2-channel (but some are, surprisingly, using them for HT)- Planer Magnetic tweeter and midrange

LS --- 2 channel all the way - Line Source product... high end... limited market.

x-series --- extreme value product - great for the money at all price points - nice finish

Hope that helps.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton