Originally Posted By: jbsengineer
 Originally Posted By: SoundMan
I tried setting the surounds and center channel to small, and I do hear a difference. It is better, meaning not as conjested, but still not quite right. There are still alot of overemphasized "s" sounds. I still haven't got a pic to see placement. sorry. I'll try to get it soon. I'll tweak it some more and see if I can get some improvement. Does anyone know if Axiom speakers have a break-in period? I haven't had them long.

I notice these overempasized "s" sounds as well. I've read through the forums and have done my own tests. It seems the Axioms reproduce this "sssss" accurately from the source. Turning down the Treble helped.

Also if you have a Re-Eq setting on your reciever turn it ON and that (if your reciever supports THX) helps ALOT! According to some forum contributors the reason for this is the sound was meant for huge movie theators etc and not for a living room or HT.

I've heard others say the same thing about the "s" sounds. How much should I turn down the trebble? I know this may not be an exact science since I don't think my processor has the re-eq setting. If I had a good starting point, I could experiment with the trebble.