I was lucky enought to borrow a pair of these small but powerful subs from the Axiom Labs on Saturday. I went back to my place near Dwight and hooked them up to the high level inputs crossed at 60hz to a pair of vintage Dynaco A-25s. I played the latest Cowboy Junkies DVD, Trinity Revisited and was amazed at the deep articulate clean, tight bass coming from such small enclosures. \:o That 8" driver is deceiving but with the same amp as in the EP500 it really delivers the low frequencies. And they are small. Here is a shot of one on top of my EP600 back in Toronto to give you some perspective of the Axiom mini-me.

The idea is to use two or four of them to control room nodes and I can hear why those would be an effective use for them. There is a surprising amount of output from something so small. But I have taken a liking to them as stereo subwoofers in my smaller HT room where the fit like a glove right under the elephant ear speakers of my Sony 60XBR2. Their size makes them very versatile and they tuck away in places you wouldn't think.

That's Prison Break on the Sony, which has well recorded soundtracks full of LFE. Needless to say they are making a big impression with my family who like their dimunitive size and big sound. In reality they are a small version of the EP500. More impressions to come as I get used to them and move them to my larger HT.

John