Ok, I know this is an audio forum, but I own axioms so I figure I can post this question. I have to post here because there is no way to get a clear answer from individuals on avs. They love their projectors. So. Getting to the question. I have finally decided to get a projector, but have been waiting for the 1080p projectors to come to a normal price point. My budget is still toward the lower end, but depending on what is said. I could do something else. WAIT and buy later. I would like to know who on this board have these projectors and can compare them to what they had previously. Are the new projectors better to the naked eye or are last years just as good? Is last years epson as sharp as the ae 2000 or sanyo? Heck for that matter how does the last years ae1000 (panasonic) stack up against them. I can't tell you how many reviews I have read and how many horror stories I have read about projectors exploding the bulb WAAAYY early or having breakdowns too early. Overall I would just like to hear everyone's experiences with projectors and their feelings about the difference in picture quality compared to previous models. The reason for the three listed is they seem to be the ones that I have read the most about. Deciding on which projector to buy has got to be the most nerve racking experience I have ever had. It seems I read a great review, then a horror story about how one has all sorts of problems. That is why I came to this board. I figure most people here would give me honest opinions that I can use. So all of your help would be wonderful. thanks in advance.

Oh, my room is 26 x 10 x 7.5 coverted basement with no windows. THE CAVE!!! It will be mounted about 18ft back or could be a couple feet closer if I had too.

Thanks

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center