Originally Posted By: Hutzal
what speakers are you trying to drive? If you have the M80s, the Onkyo probably isn't the best choice.

Been long time reader and first time post. I am confuse. My speakers set up 7.2: M80, QS8, VP150 and M22 (Surround back. I just pick up the Onkyo 805 last Friday in California Fry's for $699. The price was so good can not passed up on it. I like features and quality build on this receiver. It's amazing AVR, very powerful, tight bass and very clean sound. Tank solid. I'm confuse/affraid it will damage my 805. I asked the Onkyo tech and they don't recommend to have it use with the 4ohm speakers. Right now I have impedence setted at 6 ohm. The music movies play very nice and clean. I like the THX Ultra 2 in the 805. Should I keep it or returnand get something like everyone in here recommend. DENON, Marantz, Harmon (I try 347 and like it, but lots of problem. Video sparkle limitation the hdmi, poor quality/build. My budget is $1000.00. I have about 20 days left for return policy. Any suggestion,opinion. Much appreciated.