Hi Wayne, it's great to see you back and posting again!

Although I can't give you much technical information regarding the connection of the A3 to your TV but I would *assume* that the HDMI->DVI switcher you are referring to would work...

I bought an A2 through that WalMart sale a month or so back and I am not impressed with the unit at all, it's connected to the TV via HDMI and optical out to the HK635 for the audio. The problem I keep having with the A2 is that it skips way too often with SD-DVDs and completely locked up twice while trying to watch the Bourne Ultimatum $29 HD-DVD disc, I don't see where it upconverts any better than either my Denon 2910 or our Oppo 980H nor is the audio any better. I have the 2.5 firmware installed but I've yet to install the 2.7 update, Rick (Wid) is in the process of sending the disc now....I can only imagine that whenever I do get the 2.7 firmware updated a week later they'll come out with the 3.1 firmware update, I can also wonder how long this little cycle will continue until all of the bugs are worked out of the unit. The A2, along with the few HD-DVD disc I've already purchased are probably going to end up in the spare closet and the Denon will be pulled out of retirement and continue to do the job it's done for a couple of trouble free years.

I'd hate to think I need to upgrade to a $1,500 receiver or more for a processor to be able to take full advantage of what this HD-DVD player has to offer only to stay POed half the time because it simply doesn't work.

Other than that, I really like the thing.

Oh yea and BTW, I *still* haven't been able to watch the Bourne Ultimatum ... I hear it's a pretty good movie, can anybody fill me in? \:\)

Rick
Our Room

smile