Thanks Jack, man it's sooo nice to be able to watch a SD DVD now and not have to wonder not *if* but *when* will it start skipping. I had to run the A2 through it's paces though, whenever I first uploaded the 2.7 firmware I threw in a SD disc and let it play while I was doing other things around the house, whenever that disc was finished I loaded up another disc ... did that continuously for three days just to see if the skips would return and they never did.

Sean, you know my good friend Rick (Wid) and I were on the phone today and that very subject came up regarding the load time of these units whenever they are powered up, I was telling Rick that I usually turn our A2 on whenever I get home work, regardless of what time we'll watch a movie or even if we won't just to have it ready whenever we do watch something. I'm guessing the unit can be left powered up 24/7 .... no harm, no foul, right?

Wayne, make sure to upload the latest firmware for your new A3 ... and let us know how you like it, I'm now very happy with ours.

Rick and his wife are coming down to spend a few days with us next week and he *says* he's going to show me how to download the firmware updates onto a disc ... in return I *have* to show him how we true Floridians upload the boat with big game fish from the wild blue yonder. He has his work cut out for him, that's for sure.

Rick
Our Room

smile