Hey all!

I've been listening to the M60s since Friday evening, and with every new recording I pop on, I'm blown away! I've made a mess of my collection by grabbing everything I think will sound amazing and piling it up in the living room. So far only one sounded horrible - which is one of my favorite records too: Maria McKee's You Gotta Sin to Get Saved. I haven't tried it on vinyl yet though, which I have. But the CD sounded horrible. Even tone controls couldn't help it. We'll see how the vinyl sounds today.

A friend of mine recommended my entire system - including the M60s. I've basically mimicked his gear (plus some additions and tweaks), and by far it's the best sounding system I've owned. He's about 25 years older than me, so I guess he knows what he's talking about! So, thanks to Larry!

The M60s really make me see/hear just how wonderful sounding my amps are. The Luxman L210 is a sleeper that audiofools (yes, fools like me!) in Europe seem to love and mod like mad. I've got two of them, one for the TV. They come up on eBay from time to time and never cost more than $200. The L210 was a high end amp back when it was released. It stands the test of time. I used to have a much more expensive Adcom GFA 555 II and GFP 565 preamp. The Luxman is miles ahead of the Adcoms on all levels.

My tube amp is a Scott 222C. I also have a Scott LK-72 that was heavily modded. The 222C is just amazing! Again, it compares to a McIntosh that I heard that was in the $6K range for just the power amp. The 222C cost me $400 shipped, cleaned up and new tubes. The price to sound ratio on that is insanely amazing.

Well, Bill Evans is spinning right now. Sounds like he's playing in my loft!

Zoë

The more you love music, the more you love music.