Originally Posted By: jakewash
A little more bad news for HD-DVD.

Link

It is funny that they say that the numbers went from 2:1 sales (about 66%) to 85% of sales for the week were Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray had 3:10 to Yuma come out that week which is supposed to be a really great movie (I've got it at home from NetFlix but haven't watched it yet) and is the best release for Blu-Ray ever according to sales numbers.
No significant release that week for HD-DVD, so obviously sales would be higher for Blu-Ray for that week. HD-DVD also has 27 releases for January 2008, and Blu-Ray has 26, so the content coming out is about the same in numbers. HD-DVD has more "documentaries" and such though and less movies this month than Blu-Ray.

I'm not blind to what is going on but I hate propagandist spins put on things. That is like saying "Company A made 3 times more widgets in the first full week of 2008 than Company B did." When in actuality, Company B is shut down the first full week in January. Obviously Company A would make more widgets.

I find it highly unlikely that the announcement made by Warner had any impact on the bulk of the movie buying customer base out in the world. Most people who aren't addicts like us, didn't even know about it, let alone care about it. They go on with their days not knowing of such changes without any concern.

So this isn't really any "new news", just a different regurgitation of what has already been said, but with a different negative spin on it. Nothing against jakewash, just afterdawn...

Last edited by nickbuol; 01/21/08 02:10 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020