Hey all of you Blu-Ray lovers, and HD-DVD haters! I just wanted to say "Thank you" for keeping this conversation civilized. I made the mistake of talking about HD-DVD and Blu-Ray on another forum not even related to home theater, and the site admin believes that Sony walks on water, and everything on "news" sites are 100% accurate with no spin. Sony HAD to win this. They lost WAY too much money already, and went from #1 to #3 (or if you count the DS #4) in hardware sales. That is a HUGE hit for them too. It got to a point where they had lost SO much money already, that they just had to throw more at it and try to finish off HD-DVD.

Anyway, on this other site, most people proved my points that the general consumer is still happy with DVD and does know anything, or care anything about HD movies on disc, but their site admin/owner started throwing insults, and accused me of being from AVS!!!! Of all of the nerve! I haven't been active on AVS for years. I told him, privately, that exact fact and let him know that it is a few bad apples (OK, quite a few, but compared to the number of users over there) that spoil it for everyone, and that is exactly what he has now done to his own site.

I then posted a nice farewell note to everyone else and thanked them for the help that they had provided and didn't get into the details much more than a couple of "personality conflicts"....

So anyway, I am just happy that we don't have to do that here. We can all disagree, and yet keep the conversations civil and adult.

So again, all you evil Blu-Ray lovers, thank you!
(Joking about the evil part by the way.)

Farewell - June 4, 2020