Originally Posted By: nickbuol

Again, things are looking bleak for HD-DVD, I know that, I am just pointing out how these numbers, which as I stated above are almost exclusively due to 3:10 to Yuma sales, are slanted, skewed, and otherwise turned into the same type of propaganda that Sony has used from the start knowing that most consumers don't research the truth behind the statistics and put blind faith into what they read online or in print. Holy crap that was one long run-on sentence...
Isn't that Sony's thing great marketing and propaganda. I think they learned a lesson from Betamax.

I wonder how much of a decision maker it is for some when looking for an HD player that you can only find Toshiba with HD-DVD, yet there are a number of other manufacturers making BR machines. I think this might sway some people too. You have a choice for BR, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Denon(soon) etc. Unless you buy a universal for huge dollars you are stuck with Toshiba for HD-DVD. It looks to me like the electronics industry is backing BR more as well.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70