I'd never be that meticulous with my vinyl (if I had any left). I am however always intrigued by building gadgets. Can you elaborate on the tube used as the arm to vacuum the record and the rotating elbow?

I just finished a nice custom sized picture frame for an old photo that my wife has, so I'm well overdue to build something for myself that I'll probably never use much.

I am getting inspired to find a turntable and explore some ancient unopened boxes from my childhood to see what I find. I actually didn't own many records before CDs became more popular and I know they are all scratched to some degree. One thing we have a lot of here though is people with old junk. There is probably a treasure trove of old vinyl out there because current trends that are not spread to youth on TV are always a year or two late here and so the vinyl resurgence hasn't hit yet.

My Squeezebox has me so lazy though now, I don't know if I could go back to choosing and swapping media for every album. I live on random mode.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.